Re: Preconditions for changing a representative glyph?

From: Andreas Stötzner <as_at_signographie.de>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 18:43:02 +0200

Am 29.05.2013 um 17:39 schrieb Leo Broukhis:

> In light of recent news about New York adopting a redesigned "handicapped" symbol
> …
>
> I'd like to ask: what is supposed to be the trigger condition for the UTC to consider changing the representative glyph of
> U+267F WHEELCHAIR SYMBOL ♿

Nice for N.Y., but for the UCS this is plain irrelevant. It’s a glyph variant, the semantics are just the same.
We encode characters, not glyphs.
Every character can get rendered in a myriad of different shapes. I guess you know that.

Regards,

        Andreas Stötzner.

Andreas Stötzner
Gestaltung Signographie Fontentwicklung