Re: Suggestion for new dingbats/symbols

From: Asmus Freytag (w) <asmusf_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 13:54:58 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

In terms of setting up a research project you are on your own. Unicode deals with issues only once they are clearly on the path for encoding as characters. That is usually the case when the items in question have seen traditional research (often academic) to a sufficient degree that they can be said to be "understood" or even "well understood".

This is not the case here, and so what you would be engaging in is this kind of basic research that aims to understand the fundamental nature of the subject.

If you like to carry this out as an open source project then you would have to source your own place to host it, with all the available technology that go along with this. I think it would be a fascinating project that should be of interest to its own community of enthusiasts and subject experts (probably turning quite a few of the former into the latter by the time it's done).

Good luck.

A./