RE: writing in an alphabet with fewer letters: letter replacements

From: Jonathan Rosenne <jonathan.rosenne_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 14:45:07 +0300

The official transliteration for Hebrew to the Latin script was in my opinion is based on German. Thus ו was w etc. It was revised in 2011 but the revised version is not in common use.

Kahn would normally be קאהן.

Here is a press article about it (in Hebrew):

http://www.nrg.co.il/online/1/ART1/438/793.html

The “up to date” official version may be found at:

http://hebrew-academy.huji.ac.il/hahlatot/TheTranscription/Documents/ATAR1.pdf

Best regards,

Jonathan (Jony) Rosenne