Re: Ways to show Unicode contents on Windows?

From: Richard Wordingham <richard.wordingham_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 21:19:12 +0100

On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 17:11:24 -0700
Ilya Zakharevich <nospam-abuse_at_ilyaz.org> wrote:

> b) A significant limitation of Windows keyboard system is that one
> cannot enter an OUT-of-BMP character via a deadkey. (And this is
> probably what you meant above.)

Nowadays, Microsoft has more capable methods of character input that
use the 'Advance Text Services Framework'. As far as I am aware, if you
can do your character input using Keyman for Linux, you can use exactly
the same keyboard definition files with this framework and some free
glue by the name of Ekaya from ThanLwinSoft. (I haven't had occasion
to try it out yet.)

Richard.