Re: ASCII control codes in sequences of multibyte character sets

From: Steffen <sdaoden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2013 13:37:55 +0200

"Doug Ewell" <doug_at_ewellic.org> wrote:
 |I assume you're not considering SCSU, which uses bytes in the ASCII
 |control range (but not 0x0A or 0x0D) to control the encoding parameters

No, i failed to include any reference, sorry about that.
It's solely about character sets that can be / are used in ISO
C and POSIX locales, i.e., setlocale(3).
(I think it's wise no to use these byte values…)

 |--
 |Doug Ewell | Thornton, CO, USA
 |http://ewellic.org | @DougEwell­

--steffen

attached mail follows:

I assume you're not considering SCSU, which uses bytes in the ASCII control range (but not 0x0A or 0x0D) to control the encoding parameters in single-byte mode, and which can be switched into a so-called "Unicode mode" in which any byte value may appear. -- Doug Ewell | Thornton, CO, USA http://ewellic.org | @DougEwell ­ -------- Original Message -------- Subject: ASCII control codes in sequences of multibyte character sets From: Steffen "Daode" Nurpmeso <sdaoden@gmail.com> Date: Fri, August 30, 2013 2:23 pm To: unicode@unicode.org Hello character plus experts, i'm wondering wether there are any multibyte character sets known which use the numerical values of ASCII control characters that are vital to Unix/POSIX (plus) as part of multibyte sequences? In particular U+000A and U+000D?