Re: Origin of Ellipsis and double spacing after a sentence.

From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 22:14:50 +0200

For sure, large spaces will look ugly with texts written with very short
sentences like yours, because that will create ugly "rivers" everywhere.
Consider that it is a matter of style, which must be adapted to the nature
of texts and author's own lingusitic style.

- If you had to typeset the Bible for example (in English) you should be
less authoritative about why such spaces are not so "vulgar" and why they
may be necessary.
- If you are typesetting free ads in a newspaper, full of very short
sentences, or a phonebook, it will be best to avoid these ugly wide spaces.