New arrows?

From: Jean-François Colson <jf_at_colson.eu>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 14:34:19 +0200

Hello

Trying to solve a 2 × 2 × 2 Rubik’s cube, I was looking for some help on
the web when I found a handful of unknown arrows.
I had never seen them before, but I understood their meaning at first sight.
Since they are used in sequences to describe Rubik’s cube movements, I
wonder whether they’re worth a proposal.

To describe them concisely, they consist of the arrows ← or → with a
long dash above or below, and of the arrows ↑ or ↓ with a long dash on
the left or on the right.

Here is the web page where I found them:
http://omegalima.free.fr/rubiks/2x2x2/

There already are arrows with dashes in Unicode: ⥪ ⥫ ⥬ ⥭ .

Here are the missing characters. I propose to group them in a block
called “2x2x2 Rubik's cube arrows”.

LEFTWARDS ARROW ABOVE LONG DASH
* clockwise rotation of the upper face of a 2x2x2 Rubik's cube

RIGHTWARDS ARROW ABOVE LONG DASH
* anticlockwise rotation of the upper face of a 2x2x2 Rubik's cube

LONG DASH ABOVE LEFTWARDS ARROW
* anticlockwise rotation of the lower face of a 2x2x2 Rubik's cube

LONG DASH ABOVE RIGHTWARDS ARROW
* clockwise rotation of the lower face of a 2x2x2 Rubik's cube

UPWARDS ARROW BESIDE LONG VERTICAL DASH
* anticlockwise rotation of the left face of a 2x2x2 Rubik's cube

DOWNWARDS ARROW BESIDE LONG VERTICAL DASH
* clockwise rotation of the left face of a 2x2x2 Rubik's cube

LONG VERTICAL DASH BESIDE UPWARDS ARROW
* clockwise rotation of the right face of a 2x2x2 Rubik's cube

LONG VERTICAL DASH BESIDE DOWNWARDS ARROW
* anticlockwise rotation of the right face of a 2x2x2 Rubik's cube

IMHO The two circular arrows could be considered glyph variations of ⟲
and ⟳.

That makes a total of 8 new arrow symbols.

Jean-François Colson