Re: Dotted Circle plus Combining Mark as Text

From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 01:16:27 +0200

This could be enforced in OpenType by making this mapping of U+25CC within a
 dedicated feature In fact the feature could instead map the combining marks
directly to the glyph ID showing the combining mark with its suitable
dotted glyph.
The renderer would then lookup this feature directly for the combining ma
rk, and use the glyph found like a regular letter of the same script as the
combining mark ; if not found, it will retry using U+25CC as the base (legacy
fonts), using any SUBST and POS features suitable (ligatures, language
dependant behaviors...).