Re: Romanized Singhala got great reception in Sri Lanka

From: David Starner <prosfilaes_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 11:37:41 -0700

On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 5:12 AM, Jean-François Colson <jf_at_colson.eu> wrote:
> Le 16/03/14 08:15, David Starner a écrit :
> > I don't know what the point was of sending this message. You claim
> > that Unicode Sinhala was outside the subject matter of the
> > presentation, so why would you post it to this list?
>

> I think the point is in the survey :

I suspect I could get a similar group to agree that all programming
should be done in ALGOL, too. Feed a well-done seminar to the right
people who aren't well-educated in the subject, and you'll get
whatever results you want from the survey.

> The big question is what is difficult in Unicode Sinhala. Is there anything
> Unicode could do to change that feeling?

Naena Guru doesn't care. In fact, Naena Guru's seminar contributed to
that feeling before the survey. Without the input of some Sinhala user
that doesn't have an ax to grind, there's not much that can be done.

--
Kie ekzistas vivo, ekzistas espero.