Re: Dead and Compose keys (was: Re: Romanized Singhala got great reception in Sri Lanka)

From: Naena Guru <naenaguru_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 19:21:00 -0500

Doug,

Making keyboard layouts for Unicode Singhala is hard not because of fault
of Unicode. It is the complexity of letter assembly. I have use the
Wijesekara keyboard on a 24in Olympia Singhala keyboard in 1970s. It is
radically different from US-English.

I tried to make a phonetic one to kind of relate to the English keys.
Still, you need to have many shifted keys to get common letters.