Aw: New symbol to denote true open access (e.g. to scholarly literature), analogous to the copyright symbol

From: Jörg Knappen <jknappen_at_web.de>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 15:33:07 +0100
Even when this symbol really catches on (what I doubt because it is too close to the @ sign in the first place) chance are low that it will be encoded in UNicode. Precedents like the Creative Commons sign or the Copyleft sign have been discussed on this mailing list (search the archives for the relevant threads) but were never encoded in UNicode.

When the symbol does not catch on, why should it be encoded in UNicode?

--Jörg Knappen