Re: FYI: More emoji from Chrome

From: Koji Ishii <kojiishi_at_gluesoft.co.jp>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 11:05:22 +0000

On Apr 2, 2014, at 7:19 PM, Asmus Freytag <asmusf_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> On 4/2/2014 1:42 AM, Christopher Fynn wrote:
>> Rather than Emoji it might be better if people learnt Han ideographs
>> which are also compact (and a far more developed system of
>> communication than emoji). One CJK character can also easily replace
>> dozens of Latin characters - which is what is being claimed for emoji.
>
> One wonders why the Japanese, who already know Han ideographs, took to emoji as they did....

All the ancient emoji characters we inherited from our ancestors were already turned into Han ideographs like this[1][2], so we needed new ones to add more Han ideographs in next centuries ;)

[1] http://ameblo.jp/happy2525tkg/entry-11541848940.html
[2] http://ameblo.jp/happy2525tkg/entry-11578197418.html

/koji