Re: Unclear text in the UBA (UAX#9) of Unicode 6.3

From: Ilya Zakharevich <nospam-abuse_at_ilyaz.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 17:04:49 -0700

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 06:25:53PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> I see nothing in your definition that is significantly different from
> our attempts. It does feel more complex, mainly because you have much
> more conditions, combining which in one's mind might not be easy at
> first reading.

AFAICS, mine has exactly one condition (GREED) which is not explicitly
contained in your approaches (AFAIR them). How can 1 be more than
something? ;-)

Note that the other approaches define a PROCESS (data depending on
time — or on “scan” position in string). My definition is completely
static — given a matching, it says whether it is good or not (without
any recursion, or interdependence of conditions).

Yours,
Ilya