Re: question to Akkadian

From: Werner LEMBERG <wl_at_gnu.org>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 18:21:51 +0200 (CEST)

>> If I have a cuneiform text, where can I find glyph images to
>> identify them?
>
> You might want to specify what you mean by "text". A photo of an
> inscription? Something from a printed book?

I'm interested in representing one of the so-called Hurrian songs
(tablet H.6, containing musical notation) with Unicode, cf.

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurrian_songs

A much better drawing of the tablet can be found here on page 503:

  http://digital.library.stonybrook.edu/cdm/ref/collection/amar/id/7250

The character in question is the first one on the left after the
double line.

A nice article on this song can be found here:

  http://individual.utoronto.ca/seadogdriftwood/Hurrian/Website_article_on_Hurrian_Hymn_No._6.html

    Werner