Re: Unicode Regular Expressions, Surrogate Points and UTF-8

From: Mark Davis ☕️ <mark_at_macchiato.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 15:41:10 +0200

I think you have a point here. We should probably change to:

To meet this requirement, an implementation shall supply a mechanism for
specifying any Unicode scalar value (from U+0000 to U+D7FF and U+E000 to
U+10FFFF), using the hexadecimal code point representation.

and then in the notes say that the same notation can be used for codepoints
that are not scalar values, for implementation that handle them in Unicode
strings.

Mark <https://google.com/+MarkDavis>

*— Il meglio è l’inimico del bene —*