Re: Corrigendum #9

From: Karl Williamson <public_at_khwilliamson.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2014 08:49:47 -0600

On 05/30/2014 12:49 PM, Asmus Freytag wrote:
> One of the concerns was that people felt that they had to have "data
> pipeline" style implementations (tools) go and filter these out - even
> if there was no intent for the implementation to use them internally in
> any way. Making clear that the standard does not require filtering
> allows for cleaner implementations of such ("path through) tools.

Thanks, I had not thought about that. I'm thinking wording something
like this is more appropriate

"Noncharacters may be openly interchanged, but it is inadvisable to do
so without prior agreement, since at each stage any of them might be
replaced by a REPLACEMENT CHARACTER or otherwise disposed of, at the
sole discretion of that stage's implementation."