PRI #279: Proposed Update UAX #9, Unicode Bidirectional Algorithm

From: <announcements_at_unicode.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 10:32:51 -0700

The proposed update for *Unicode 8.0 *addresses three issues where the
bidirectional algorithm, as written, did not produce the intended
results in certain specific cases. Details and justification for the
proposed changes to the specification are in a background document
accessible from the PRI page <http://www.unicode.org/review/pri279/>.

The closing date for this issue is October 20, 2014. For information
about how to discuss this issue and how to supply formal feedback,
please see the feedback and discussion instructions on the PRI page
<http://www.unicode.org/review/pri279/>.

The Public Review Issues index page is: http://www.unicode.org/review/

http://unicode-inc.blogspot.com/2014/08/pri-279-proposed-update-uax-9-unicode.html

----
All of the Unicode Consortium lists are strictly opt-in lists for members
or interested users of our standards. We make every effort to remove
users who do not wish to receive e-mail from us. To see why you are getting
this mail and how to remove yourself from our lists if you want, please
see http://www.unicode.org/consortium/distlist.html#announcements