Transliterate Ugaritic aleph letters

From: Miller Prosser <m-prosser_at_uchicago.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 11:42:19 -0500

Dear fellow Unicode mail list members,

I'm writing to ask for help regarding the transliteration of three letters
in the Ugaritic language. Have I overlooked the Unicode symbols for
transliterating the letters below? If so, please point me in the direction
of the proper Unicode code points. If not, I shall begin the process to
propose that these three codes be added.

While Unicode has adopted a block of code points for the 30 cuneiform
Ugaritic letters (http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U10380.pdf), it seems
that we have not yet defined code points for the transliteration of the
three unique Ugaritic aleph signs. The three cuneiform signs in question
are:

10380 Ugaritic letter alpha

1039B Ugaritic letter I

1039C Ugaritic letter U

Standard transliteration of these letters would combine U+02BE over a, i,
and u respectively.

Best,

Miller Prosser, Ph.D.

Research Database Consultant

 <mailto:m-prosser_at_uchicago.edu> m-prosser_at_uchicago.edu

OCHRE Data Service