Re: Current support for N'Ko

From: Andrew Cunningham <lang.support_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 09:10:08 +1000

Hi Don,

I will give a detailed reply offline to you and Charles. I am slowly
working on notes on web deployment of various languages in my spare time.
Been held up unpicking Myanmar script and possible errata/additions to
UTN11

But N'ko is on my list of scripts to document.

I will need to look at your pages and unpick them.

But couple of reflections.

Your blog post is dealing with multiple issues.

* bidi support in html5 and css3, and to what extent are scipts like N'ko
taken into account.

* What rendring system is being usd by browser

* what font is being used: opentype,graphite, aat .. this will affect
rendring in browsers. For opentype which script is being used which will
affect which opentype features will be processed.

so getting the font stackright is important. and the font stack will differ
from browser to browser.

I need to check for existance of a cross platform N'ko font.

* NEVER try to copy and paste text from PDF. It is a preprint format and
should be treated as such.

Andrew

http://niamey.blogspot.com/2014/09/nko-on-web-review-of-experience-with.html

> This is pursuant to reposting a translation in N'Ko of a World Heath
Organization FAQ on ebola. That translation was one of several facilitated
by Athinkra LLC, and available at
https://sites.google.com/site/athinkra/ebola-faqs