Re: fonts for U7.0 scripts

From: Andrew West <andrewcwest_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 09:25:11 +0100

On 22 October 2014 23:58, Asmus Freytag <asmusf_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> Nothing prevents people to put their fonts in the public domain, if they so
> desire, but that can't be a requirement of the character encoding process.

I never said or implied that making the font freely available should
be a requirement of the character encoding process (although I
personally think it ought to be). I said that if the production of
the font was funded by the SEI then it should be made freely
available, and I think that is what donors to the SEI would expect,
certainly based on the text I quoted earlier which had been on the SEI
web site for many years before Debbie removed it yesterday.

Andrew