Re: MONGOLIAN LETTER YA medial second form, incorrect image?

From: Andrew West <andrewcwest_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 10:30:19 +0000

On 13 November 2014 10:00, Richard Ishida <ishida_at_w3.org> wrote:
> Before reporting this I want to check I have understood it correctly. If you
> know something about Mongolian variant selectors, please let me know if my
> conclusion is correct.
>
> I think the image for medial MONGOLIAN LETTER YA second form, 1836 180B, at
> http://www.unicode.org/Public/UNIDATA/StandardizedVariants.html is
> incorrect.
>
> I think it should have no upturn on the left.

Yes, you are correct. It makes no sense to have an upturn as that
would be the same glyph as the first medial form. You can see that
the second initial form and the second medial form both have the same
glyph with no upturn (ignore the dot, that is a printing artefact) in
Prof. Choijinzhab's "Mongolian Encoding":

http://www.babelstone.co.uk/Mongolian/MGWBM/MGWBM_C034-C035.jpg

Andrew