Re: UAX 29 questions

From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 13:14:33 +0100

This is not a contradiction.

combine the two rules and they are equivalent to these two alternate rules:
WB56 can be read as these two:

 (WB56a) ALetter × (MidLetter | MidNumLet | Single_Quote) (ALetter |
Hebrew_Letter)

 (WB56b) Hebrew_Letter × (MidLetter | MidNumLet | Single_Quote) (ALetter
| Hebrew_Letter)

Then add :

  (WB57) Hebrew_Letter × Single_Quote

it just removes the condition of a letter following the quote in WB56b.
So that WB56b and WB57 can be read as equivalent to these two:

 (WB56c) Hebrew_Letter × (MidLetter | MidNumLet) (ALetter |
Hebrew_Letter)

 (WB57) Hebrew_Letter × Single_Quote

But you cannot merge any of these two last rules in a single rule for WB56.