Re: Unicode block for programming related symbols and codepoints?

From: Shervin Afshar <shervinafshar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2015 14:36:14 -0800

All of the requirements mentioned here can be (and are) implemented in
higher levels of software (like IDEs). IMO, there isn't any need for adding
new characters to Unicode to address these issues.

Additionally, people tend to forget that simply because Unicode is doing
emoji out of compatibility (or other) requirements, it does not mean that
"now anything goes". I refer folks to TR51[1] (specifically sections 1.3,
8, and Annex C).

[1]: http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr51

↪ Shervin