Re: Unicode block for programming related symbols and codepoints?

From: Jean-François Colson <jf_at_colson.eu>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 01:04:10 +0100

Le 09/02/15 00:27, Konstantin Ritt a écrit :
> > My proposal on the other hand - if implemented right - introduces
> some really intuitive looking and easy to input characters, <snip>
>
> Easier than latin1, a layout one could find on [almost] every
> keyboard? Good luck.

Latin-1 is not a keyboard layout, it’s a character set: ISO/CEI 8859-1.
Latin-1 is not available on almost every keyboard:
It is not available on most US keyboards except for the minority who
uses a US international driver;
It is not available on most Russian keyboards which only provide
Cyrillic letters and ASCII (unaccented) Latin letters;
It is not fully available on many Western European keyboards (With a
French azerty keyboard on M$ Windows, using the default driver, you have
no way to type a capital É or a capital Ç except by typing Alt + 0 2 0 1
or Alt + 0 1 9 9.);
It is not available on keyboards of Central and Eastern European
keyboards (to the East of Germany, Latin-2);
It is not available on Maltese or Turkish keyboards (Latin-3);
It is not available on keyboards of the Baltic countries (Latin-4);
Etc.