Re: About cultural/languages communities flags

From: Doug Ewell <doug_at_ewellic.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 15:38:42 -0700

Joan Montané <joan at montane dot cat> wrote:

> I don't request flag support for every flag in the world. I requested
> flags for culture/language communities *with* an approved TLD (Top
> Level Domain).

Incidentally, about a year and a half ago I discussed this with another
list member, on- and off-list. We agreed that some sort of text-based
encoding of flags would be an interesting project, but disagreed as to
whether this was a Unicode problem.

The present discussion seems to approach the issue from the other side:
treat it as *only* a Unicode problem, and assume that the encoding
problem has been solved by TLD registration.

See also http://www.unicode.org/faq/emoji_dingbats.html#12 . This is the
Unicode Consortium talking, not me.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, CO, USA | http://ewellic.org