Re: preliminary proposal: New Unicode characters for Arabic music half-flat and half-sharp

From: Johnny Farraj <johnnyfarraj_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 17:13:48 -0400

>The same problem arises in Arab music notation,

Hi Hans,

I'm not sure what you mean by that statement?

The Arabic half-flat and half-sharp symbols do not mean exact quartertones, but that's understood by Arabic music performers as the exact intonation is then learned by ear. That fact does not make them impractical to use, as they are used extensively in Arabic music notation.

Johnny