Re: Daesh/ISIS anhilates the last tracks of the cuneiform script in Nimrud, Iraq

From: Steffen Nurpmeso <sdaoden_at_yandex.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 12:19:18 +0200

Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr> wrote:
 |Another bad day for cultures, and in this case for old scripts.

Oh yes. I personally do still suffer whenever i recall the
demolition of the Buddhas of Bamiyan, and i think this is
a spectacular pain that will last. I never saw them in real life.
Of course there is «When you point one finger, there are three
fingers pointing back to you.» In no way do i defend ISIS or the
Taliban, nor would i ever have supported them. Regarding
philosophy and culture… everything such a shame. Some «sapiens
sapiens» materialization… in the plain existence of Unicode.

--steffen