Re: NamesList, Code Charts, ISO/IEC 10646

From: Richard Wordingham <richard.wordingham_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 14:47:33 +0100

On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 10:31:47 -0700
"Asmus Freytag (t)" <asmus-inc_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> But permit me to ask one question up front. What would be served by
> making such a sweeping change at this juncture, after 25 years of
> established practice?

I suspect the idea is to have a way of unobtrusively supplying the
Bidi_Mirrored value in a character pick-list, namely the use of the
words 'OPENING' and 'CLOSING' rather than 'LEFT' and 'RIGHT'. As I
dimly recall the use of ']a, b[' to denote an open interval, the
proposed solution is not complete, but the complete solution is not
obvious to me. I for one don't want to have to choose a non-English
locale to type right-to-left text.

Richard.