Re: Surrogates and noncharacters (was: Re: Ways to detect that XXXX...)

From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 9 May 2015 08:00:34 +0200

> Where did you find that definition of "plain text"?

I have not said that Unicode defines what is plain-text. It is defined in
RFC describing the MIME type and giving the name "plain text".

> Unicode just defines "plain text" by contrast with "rich text" which is
> text with markup or other such structure. There is no limitation of code
> points associated with that term.
> http://unicode.org/glossary/#plain_text

This is not a definition, or just a mere definition of "Unicode plain text"
(i.e. more restrictive than "plain text"). Please don't add
restriction/qualifying words ("Unicode") that I did not use in my sentence
**on purpose**.

Plain text has been defined much longer before Unicode wrote its
informative glossary.