Re: Future of Emoji? (was Re: Tag characters)

From: Shervin Afshar <shervinafshar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 22:40:22 -0700

Good point. I missed these while looking into compatibility symbols. Of
course, as with Yahoo[1] and MSN[2] Messenger emoji sets, most of these are
mappable to current or proposed sets of Unicode emoji (e.g. Lips Sealed ≈
U+1F910 ZIPPER-MOUTH FACE). It would be interesting to see how the extended
support for flags, most of smiley faces, objects, etc. on all platforms
would affect this approach.

My idea of a sticker-based solution is something more like Facebook's[3] or
Line's[4] implementations.

[1]: http://www.unicode.org/L2/L2015/15059-emoji-im-yahoo.pdf
[2]: http://www.unicode.org/L2/L2015/15058-emoji-im-msn.pdf
[3]: