Re: Tag characters and in-line graphics (from Tag characters)

From: Doug Ewell <doug_at_ewellic.org>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 11:12:46 -0700

William_J_G Overington <wjgo underscore 10009 at btinternet dot com>
wrote:

>> There's no advantage because what you want to create is effectively
>> another markup language with its own syntax (but requiring new
>> obscure characters that most applications and users will not be able
>> to interpret and render correctly in the way intended by you, ...
>
> Well, if the format became accepted as part of Unicode then
> appropriate applications could well be produced that would interpret
> the format and display an image in the desired place.

I think this cuts to the heart of what people have been trying to say
all along.

Historically, Unicode was not meant to be the means by which brand new
ideas are run up the proverbial flagpole to see if they will gain
traction.

--
Doug Ewell | http://ewellic.org | Thornton, CO 🇺🇸