Re: Private Use Area in Use (from Tag characters and in-line graphics (from Tag characters))

From: John <idou747_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 17:17:34 -0700 (PDT)

I don’t use old software, I use up to date versions of everything on a Mac. Very standard setup.

There’s a lot of links there. Maybe they do work in PDFs, but they certainly don’t work in the browser, and they don’t work when I click the txt files. Basically what you’re saying is that PDFs have a way to make this work.

so what?

Unless we are proposing that everything in the universe be PDF, this doesn’t really help. There should be a standard way to put custom characters anywhere that characters belong and have things “just work”. Clearly right now things don’t just work. And without even bothering to try I know if I tried cutting and pasting from those PDFs into somewhere else, it won’t work.

Chris