Re: Tag characters and in-line graphics (from Tag characters)

From: William_J_G Overington <wjgo_10009_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2015 12:20:33 +0100 (BST)

Asmus Freytag wrote about security issues.
This is interesting reading and I have learned a lot from the post about various security issues.
Whilst the post is in this thread and follows from a post in this thread, the topic has seemed to moved to the Custom characters thread.
I note that what you write about seems to me that it would not apply to my suggestion in my original post: is that correct?
http://www.unicode.org/mail-arch/unicode-ml/y2015-m05/0218.html
Also the following two posts.
http://www.unicode.org/mail-arch/unicode-ml/y2015-m06/0009.html
http://www.unicode.org/mail-arch/unicode-ml/y2015-m06/0027.html
Whilst the ideas raised by Chris are interesting, they do seem to be distinctly different from what I suggested.
So, for clarity, do you regard my suggested format as having any security issues, and if so, what please?
I know that some people have opined that my suggested format is out of scope for Unicode, yet the scope of Unicode is what the Unicode Technical Committee decides is the scope of Unicode, and my suggested format does provide a way to include custom glyphs within a Unicode plain text document by using the new base character followed by tag characters method.
William Overington