Re: Tag characters and in-line graphics (from Tag characters)

From: Doug Ewell <doug_at_ewellic.org>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2015 10:39:38 -0600

"Mark E. Shoulson" <mark at kli dot org> wrote:

> Isn't this what webfonts are all about? You specify a font in the
> stylesheet, give it a URL, and your browser goes and downloads it and
> displays the text in it.

That's great if you have a stylesheet, a URL, and a browser. HTML is
fancy text, and pretty much implies some sort of online connection. I
thought we were talking about plain text, and apologize if we weren't or
if that important detail was not clear.

--
Doug Ewell | http://ewellic.org | Thornton, CO 🇺🇸