RE: Accessing the WG2 document register

From: Erkki I Kolehmainen <eik_at_iki.fi>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 14:51:13 +0300

Andrew!

I honestly believe that Michel as the WG2 Convener has little choice but to follow the JTC1 rules - and work actively to change them (hopefully having to spend less time on this than the years Mike had to spend to achieve the publicly available status for WG2-originated standards).

Actually, I believe that a feasible solution would be to make Unicode a JTC1 PAS (Publicly Available Specification) submitter, and thus give the chance for the ISO/IEC JTC1/SC2 National Bodies to vote on the approval of TUS as an ISO standard. IRG (with possibly a somewhat expanded role, could/should still work under SC2 and co-operate with Unicode).

Anshuman, I'd recommend that you withdraw your request to withdraw your contributions, because that would be of no help to the user communities involved.

Sincerely

Erkki I. Kolehmainen
Tilkankatu 12 A 3, 00300 Helsinki, Finland