Re: Accessing the WG2 document register

From: Marcel Schneider <charupdate_at_orange.fr>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 18:11:27 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015, Doug Ewell wrote:

> At least it was possible to implement the old ISO 9995-3 standard on
> Windows, treating Group 2, Levels 1 and 2 as if they were Group 1,
> Levels 3 and 4 -- in other words, by using AltGr and Shift+AltGr.

The US International keyboard layout indeed conforms to ISO/IECĀ 9995.
AFAIK it was preexistent, and was validated for conformance by considering that
the AltGr and Shift + AltGr shift states contain the secondary group.
I did not think about it as an _implementation_ of ISO/IEC 9995.

> The new ISO 9995-3 standard isn't implemented anywhere, and can't be as
> long as no specification exists to access the additional groups and
> shift states without adding more physical keys. "Figure it out for
> yourself" is not a specification.

The new German standard keyboard layouts T2 and T3 are ISO/IEC 9995.
Other national keyboard layouts before them are, too.
There is exactly a Group 1 with three levels and a Group 2 with two.

Marcel Schneider