Re: Adding RAINBOW FLAG to Unicode

From: Noah Slater <nslater_at_tumbolia.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 01:53:30 +0100

On 29 June 2015 at 20:04, gfb hjjhjh <c933103_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> As an outsider, In my opinion, it is very common for people to write
> sentences like "[image: 🙇] Really sorry!" or "[image: 👌] let's meet
> there tomorroe" or "The [image: 🍔] is tasty" even before unicode's
> introduction of these characters, but I can't think of different usecases
> that the rainbow flag would be used in this way.

Do you mean, people were using these emojis on a platform that supported
them before Unicode standardised them?

To that I would respond that you only need to search Twitter for people
using the #pride hashtag to see how it's used there. Unfortunately, as
Slack is a private communication platform, it is hard to get usage
examples. All we can state for sure is that people are using the rainbow
flag in running text like any other emoji [image: 👍]

emoji_u1f354.png emoji_u1f44d.png emoji_u1f44c.png emoji_u1f647.png