RE: Plain text custom fraction input

From: Marcel Schneider <charupdate_at_orange.fr>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 12:38:39 +0200 (CEST)

On 24 Jul 2015, at 21:24, Doug Ewell wrote:

> It's not a matter of one being plain text and the other not. Read
> Section 3.7, "Decomposition" [1] to learn about canonical and
> compatibility decomposition.
>
> In general, the Glossary [2] and FAQ [3] are useful resources.
>
> [1] http://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode7.0.0/ch03.pdf#G729
> [2] http://www.unicode.org/glossary/
> [3] http://www.unicode.org/faq/

Thank you, this is indeed indispensible to know, I'll try to get the time of learning thoroughly how it works and how not to abuse of terminology.

Best regards,

Marcel

P.S.: Below I'll try to recomplete my last e-mail as it was when I wrote it in plain text, before applying the font formatting. The use of lt/gt as angle brackets is very tricky because engines may confuse them with valid HTML tags and make disappear the whole. We can type them as & l t ;  and  & g t ; but this is not safe. Now I'll use curly and square brackets.