Re: Emoji characters for food allergens

From: Asmus Freytag (t) <asmus-inc_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 12:01:09 -0700
I'm sorry to really disagree with this little understandable criticism of laundry symbols. The most encountered of the care tags are self-explaining, as the washing and iron temperature limits or discouraging. The other symbols mainly concern dry cleaning and laundry professionals.

The laundry symbols are like traffic signs. The ones you see daily aren't difficult to remember, but any there are always some rare ones that are a bit baffling. What you apparently do not realize is that in significant parts of the world, these symbols are not common (or occur only as adjunct to text). There's therefore no daily reinforcement at all.

Where you live, the situation is reversed; no wonder you are baffled.

All chefs understand English,

I would regard that statement to have a very high probability of being wrong. Which would make any conclusions based on it invalid.