RE: Implementing SMP on a UTF-16 OS

From: Marcel Schneider <charupdate_at_orange.fr>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 17:23:59 +0200 (CEST)

On 13 Aug 2015 at 09:05, Max Truxa wrote:

> Anyhow, Marcel could certainly declare the mapping in a .cpp (using
> extern "C" to ensure interoperability with C code) but that wouldn't
> change that surrogate pairs seem to be unsupported for keyboard
> drivers. (Like I said I have no experience writing keyboard drivers so
> I can't confirm this.)

Not only are surrogate pairs unsupported, even the possibility of having them in one deadtrans entry seems to be definitely blocked:
http://www.siao2.com/2004/12/17/323257.aspx

I would like to define a DEADTRANSEXT function delivering two code units instead of one; but it seems to me that I'm dreaming. There must be an API behind that wouldn't recognize this. I hope I'm wrong.

Thanks for the information.

Best regards,

Marcel