Custom keyboard source samples (was: Re: Windows keyboard restrictions)

From: Marcel Schneider <charupdate_at_orange.fr>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 13:51:26 +0200 (CEST)

On 07 Aug 2015, at 20:54, Richard Wordingham wrote:

> What we're waiting for is a guide we can follow, or some code we can ape.

Since yesterday I know a very simple way to get the source code (in C) of any MSKLC layout.

While the build is done, we must wait for the four files appearing in an ad hoc created "amd64" subdirectory in the Temporary Files folder, in the hidden Application Data directory: C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\amd64
As soon as the four files are visible in the Explorer, we can press Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V. This must be done rapidly, in order to get a copy before their deletion by MSKLC a few seconds later.

If we notice that during the build, three other temporary folders are created by MSKLC and deleted if empty, we may wish to know that the four files are strictly identical in all four folders. This has been verified on a simple layout, using the (very useful) comparison tool of the ConTEXT text editor.

Best regards,

Marcel