Re: a suggestion new emoji .

From: Andrew West <andrewcwest_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 13:23:22 +0100

On 19 August 2015 at 12:36, Otto Stolz <otto.stolz_at_uni-konstanz.de> wrote:

> You cannot suggest a new character just because it would
> be “nice to have”. Rather, you have to supply evidence that
> an additional character really needs to be encoded, e. g.
> because it is already widely used in print and cannot be
> represented in Unicode.

Well that may once have been the case, but certainly isn't any longer
with respect to emoji, especially emoji representing food and drink.

I suggest Emma reads Unicode Technical Report 51
http://unicode.org/reports/tr51/ especially section 1.2 Encoding
Considerations and Annex C Selection Factors, then start a petition to
the Unicode Consortium on www.change.org, and when she has 10,000
signatures make a formal request to the UTC. Petitions don't
guarantee acceptance, but widely-petitioned emoji such as taco, cheese
wedge, paella and whisky tumbler have been successful.

Andrew