Re: Thai Word Breaking

From: Richard Wordingham <richard.wordingham_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 00:09:00 +0100

On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 22:33:57 +0200 (CEST)
Marcel Schneider <charupdate_at_orange.fr> wrote:

> So when I have the ordinal indicators both on *one* key because
> I need the A and O for German precomposed, and have the º in the Base
> shift state and the ª in the Shift shift state (because the primary
> locale is French, which does use º but not ª, and BTW the ñÑ is on N,
> too), may I be accused of discrimination?

Your defence would be that that "practice is objectively justified by a
legitimate aim and the means of achieving that aim are appropriate and
necessary" - 2000/43/EC Article 1 Paragraph 2(b). Mock not. In the UK,
needlessly requiring that a job applicant have a driving licence is
unlawful discrimination against women. Not making provision for the
hard of hearing at a query desk can be unlawful discrimination - I don't
remember whether it was by disability or simply on the basis of age.
I'm not sure to what extent these are common EU law and to what extent
these are just British law.

I've got some web pages where colour-coding is used. It looks as
though I've now supposed to find a way of switching the colours to help
those with impaired colour vision. Perhaps I'll just have to withdraw
the pages.

Richard.