Re: Symbol for an upside down capital L, pointing to the right?

From: Michael Everson <everson_at_evertype.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 12:01:06 +0000

On 28 Dec 2015, at 23:48, Asmus Freytag (t) <asmus-inc_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> Rather than engage in reflexive ad-hoc unification like this, it would be useful to find out why U+2142 was disunified from TOP RIGHT CORNER and any other symbols having two strokes at right angle with one of them pointing down.

I think the letter-like symbols were added. Not “disunified”. The default state is not that “everything is already encoded”.

2142 and characters near it were added in Unicode 3.2, about the same time that the mathematical styled alphabets were added (3.1). I think you were involved with a lot of that Asmus.