Re: Turned Capital letter L (pointing to the left, with serifs)

From: Asmus Freytag (t) <asmus-inc_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2016 08:54:18 -0800
On 1/4/2016 7:49 AM, Michael Everson wrote:
Excellent!
Looks like a candidate character for encoding. I’m sure I have some examples of good font designs for the old character in one of my books.

Admitting that a Greek letter inherently makes more sense than an "et" as a variable name, I would still need to understand why "pi" would make a sensible mnemonic choice for the variable in Gauss' treatise, before being confident that we've made the correct identification. The more so, as the use of non-cursive pi for "perihelion" in the same work is clearly mnemonic.

A./