Re: Shouldn’t the proposed U+23FF OBSERVER EYE SYMBOL be an emoji ?

From: Asmus Freytag (t) <asmus-inc_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2016 16:57:15 -0800
On 2/7/2016 3:09 PM, Frédéric Grosshans wrote:
In a few words (more details below), I think this character is actually used beyond optics should be encoded as an emoji with properties (and aspect) similar to 👁 U+1F441 EYE, with a name like EYE SIDE VIEW. I also think it would be better if it were moved to an emoji block (1F900–1F9FF Supplemental Symbols and Pictographs ?)

If it is used in a technical field, and encoded for that use, then it should be placed in a context of other technical symbols.

If there is an emoji representation that is similar enough, then that could be accommodated with an "emoji style" variation sequence.

It would seem a mistake to me to let the "tail wag the dog" when it comes to the intersection of Emoji and other symbols. In particular, for any symbol for which an emoji use is "secondary" or "after the fact", the details of the chosen black and white representation matter a lot more than for "mere" pictographs.

A./