Re: Enclosing BANKNOTE emoji?

From: Mark Davis ☕️ <mark_at_macchiato.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 17:51:04 +0100

Look at http://www.emojixpress.com/stats/. The stats are different, since
they collect data from keyboards not twitter posts, but they have a nice
button to view only the news emoji.

(The numbers on the new ones will be smaller, just because it takes time
for systems to support them, and people to start using them. However, they
bear out my predication that the most popular would be the eyes-rolling
face).

Mark

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 5:19 PM, Leo Broukhis <leob_at_mailcom.com> wrote:

> A caveat about using emojitracker.com : it doesn't count newer emoji yet
> (e.g. U+1F37E bottle with popping cork is absent), thus, when they are
> added, their counts will be skewed.
>
> Leo
>
> On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 2:00 AM, Leo Broukhis <leob_at_mailcom.com> wrote:
>
>> Thank you for the links, quite mesmerizing!
>>
>> On emojitracker.com (cumulative counts, but only on twitter, AFAICS),
>> U+1F4B5 ($) had quite a respectable count of 2932622 (well above the middle
>> of the page, around 70%ile), U+1F4B7 (pound) had 514536 (around 30%ile),
>> and U+1F4B4 and U+1F4B6 had around 353K and 388K resp. (around 20%ile, but
>> 10x more than the lowest counts, and about the same frequency as various
>> individual clock faces).
>>
>> It is quite evident that the dollar banknote emoji serves as a stand-in
>> for at least half a dozen of various currencies.
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 10:25 PM, Mark Davis ☕️ <mark_at_macchiato.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I would suggest that you first gather statistics and present statistics
>>> on how often the current combinations are used compared to other emoji, eg
>>> by consulting sources such as:
>>>
>>> http://www.emojixpress.com/stats/
>>> or