Re: Additional decompositions in decomps.txt

From: Ken Whistler <kenwhistler_at_att.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 10:10:35 -0800

Eli,

You're not missing anything. This is a bug in the documentation of
decomps.txt. Initially, added decompositions for the DUCET default
weights were all tagged as <sort>. This results in a distinct *tertiary*
weight in the initial collation weight values in DUCET. Later on,
there turned up cases where an added decomposition for the DUCET
input worked better *without* a distinct tertiary weight. In
particular, this applies to the large collection of combining marks
whose secondary weights are now collapsed into a smaller set of
distinct values. It also applies to the o with stroke character you
cite below. The documentation for decomps.txt just needs to be
updated to reflect that new pattern.

--Ken