Re: Purpose of and rationale behind Go Markers U+2686 to U+2689

From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 22:19:19 +0100

Sequences were introduced long before. I know that they add their own
complications everywhere, but they are already part of existing algorithms.
If sequences (not just combining sequences) were not there, there would be
much more characters encoded in the database and eveything would be encoded
like sinograms (mostly one character per composite glyph)