Re: Non-standard 8-bit fonts still in use

From: Doug Ewell <doug_at_ewellic.org>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 10:50:29 -0600

Don Osborn wrote:

> Concerning the keyboard side of the issue, there has been a lot of
> discussion about unified standards over the years, but what we end up
> with is maybe another case of "The nice thing about standards is that
> there are so many to choose from."

There are a zillion keyboard layouts, not because of too many
conflicting standards per se, but primarily because people don't want to
change away from the layout they're familiar with, and secondarily
because different languages have different needs.

--
Doug Ewell | http://ewellic.org | Thornton, CO 🇺🇸